FAQ | About Danielle:
- Where are you located?
- I am located in Columbia, MO and frequently serve clients throughout mid-Missouri and Southern Illinois.
- Do you travel?
- Of course! I am happy to travel to you for your wedding or session. Travel within 100 miles is included with all wedding coverage. Please see my travel page for more information.
- How long have you been photographing weddings?
- I photographed my first wedding in 2010, and have specialized in weddings since 2013.
- How many weddings do you shoot per year?
- In order to give my clients the best experience possible, I only accept 7-10 weddings per year. I find this allows me to dedicate more time and personal attention to my wedding clients, while also keeping me inspired, creative, and fresh. It also ensures I have adequate time to prepare for each wedding, and gives me a faster turn-around time so my clients receive their images sooner.
- Do you photograph family sessions?
- I am always happy to photograph family sessions for past wedding, maternity, and newborn clients. I also accept a very limited number of non-client family sessions per year, so if you are interested, contact me ASAP.
- Is photography your full-time job?
- Photography is one of my two jobs. I also work with a law firm providing free legal services to domestic violence survivors. I am passionate about my domestic violence work and my photography, and I just can’t choose to give either one up!
FAQ | Studio Policies:
- Do you require a deposit? What is your deposit policy?
- For Weddings: A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking to reserve your wedding date. The remaining balance is due 30 days before your wedding.
- For Portrait Sessions: The full session fee is required at the time of booking to reserve your session date and time.
- Will you edit my photos?
- Yes! I will perform basic color corrections and minor touch-ups for all photos. The work in my portfolio is representative of what your final retouched images will look like. If you desire more extensive editing, additional edits are billed at an hourly rate.
- Will you edit out my blemishes/wrinkles/under-eye circles?
- My policy for these types of edits is: if the mark is temporary, I will remove it; if it would still be there in two weeks, it stays. I want you to look like YOU in your photos!
- How soon until I get my photos?
- Your photos will be delivered no later than six weeks after your wedding or session, but usually they are ready much sooner!
- What kind of equipment do you use?
- I am a Nikon girl through and through. I use a range of Nikon professional quality film and digital SLR cameras and lenses. I also have a variety of flashes and off-camera lighting equipment to ensure you receive beautiful, well-lit photos under any lighting conditions.
- Do you back up your photos?
- Absolutely! I back up your photos to multiple hard drives, as well as online cloud storage.
- What should I expect at my viewing and ordering session?
- The viewing and ordering session will be the first time you see your photos, and when you will be able to place any orders for prints, albums, or other products. My clients always tell me they love this session! Read more about our viewing and ordering sessions here.
- Will I know your prices up front?
- Of course! I believe in transparency and giving you all information about my pricing/what is included up front. I promise, there will be no surprises!
- Can I add albums or products to my collection?
- Yes, most definitely. In fact, my clients often find they want to order more products once they’ve seen their final images!
- Do you offer payment plans?
- I do! Flexible payment plans are available upon request.
FAQ | Miscellaneous
- I purchased the digital image files from my session. Where should I print them?
- For the highest-quality prints, of course, I recommend printing through Danielle McAfee Photography and my professional lab. However, I understand that this is not always practical, and am happy for you to print your purchased digital files. I recommend Mpix for personal printing, as I have found them to be the highest-quality consumer print lab.
- I want to hire you! What should I do now?
- Hooray! Contact me and we will go from there!
More Helpful Info:
Danielle McAfee is based in Columbia, Missouri and currently serves the Mid-Missouri and Southern Illinois area. She is also available for travel.